Impel NeuroPharma is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company based in Seattle, WA. We are committed to developing the next generation of central nervous system (CNS) drug treatments. Impel’s proprietary Precision Olfactory Delivery (POD) technology enables many categories of therapeutics, including biologics, to be delivered to the CNS using cost-effective, disposable, and non-invasive intranasal drug delivery devices. We are working hard to develop meaningful treatments for devastating CNS diseases, and we hope you’ll join us.
The Research Associate will provide support to the drug-device combination product testing in our Research and Development group. Duties will include development and execution of analytical assays in support of drug-device combination product testing, tabulation of data, assistance in data analysis and report writing, and assistance with animal tool development.
• Write, edit, and critique SOPs, protocols, and technical reports of varied nature including analytical experiments for drug-device combination product testing
• Execute method development, qualification and experiments using common analytical techniques, such as HPLC and basic UV/VIS spectroscopy
• Maintain a laboratory notebook in high fidelity
• Lab maintenance, documentation and training tasks as necessary
• Other general laboratory tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related field and 0-2 years of laboratory experience
• Highly independent and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to independently design and perform experiments, to identify problems and troubleshoot solutions and timely to prepare accurate and complete experimental records
• Good understanding of analytical chemistry methods, including experience with HPLC and UV-Vis spectroscopy
• Experience working in a regulatory environment a plus
• Ability to adapt and respond to the needs of a growing organization conducting R&D activities; communications and interpersonal skills are emphasized
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet based office applications
The Pharmaceutical Formulation Scientist will lead formulation and process development for powder and liquid nasal dosage forms. The Pharmaceutical Formulation Scientist will have experience in product development and processing from bench top to clinical scale manufacturing and will exhibit leadership in moving projects to successful endpoints in a fast-paced environment.